To begin your Televisit, follow these easy steps:
- Use a computer or device with a camera/microphone.
- Enter the web address that was sent to your email for the telehealth conference in the web address into the browser.
- Type in your name and click check-in.
- Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone
- Your care provider will start your visit.
Patient Visit Etiquette for Telehealth
- Take the virtual clinic visit in a quiet room and private environment to ensure sensitive information is not shared with unauthorized people.
- Make sure you are in a well-lit room so the provider can clearly see you.
- Wear the same attire you would wear to an in-person clinic visit.
- Please refrain from eating and drinking during the visit.
Visit Protocol for Patients
- Review and fill out all paperwork sent to you prior to your appointment.
- Be prepared to receive your text visit invitation from the provider 5 minutes prior to your visit time.
- Prepare a list of questions for your provider to have ready for your visit.
- Be ready to discuss your recent imaging, surgeries, current medications, medical history.
FAQ for Patient Telehealth Clinic Visits
What is a telehealth visit?
A telehealth visit is a clinic visit conducted via phone call or on camera. A telehealth visit will be formatted just like an in-person visit. The provider will assess you, discuss your concerns with you, and answer your questions.
What technology will be used?
Dr. Katina Health and Wellness, LLC utilizes Simple Practice Patient Portal for direct to consumer telehealth visits.
How long will the visit last?
A typical visit can last anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on your visit type (follow up visit or a new patient visit).
How much does the visit cost and will you bill my insurance?
We will work with your insurance company to try to have them cover the cost of a telehealth visit just as they would similar for an in-person visit.
Will I still see a doctor or a nurse practitioner?
This company is owned and ran by a nurse practitioner. All of our providers are conducting telehealth visits, and you will be scheduled with a nurse practitioner. You will know which provider you are scheduled to see in advance of your appointment.
Is the visit secure?
Simple Practice platform is approved to conduct telehealth visits.
Can the provider still send in orders and testing?
Yes, our providers are still able to submit orders for testing and imaging, just as we would for an in-person visit.
What if I don’t have health insurance?
We will work with you to bill you a flat rate for your visit which will be discussed in advance of your virtual visit.